Our client is a visionary online music education company that brings the highest level of artistic training to students' homes. Their platform provides innovative technological tools for the comprehensive study of music, including instrument lessons, music theory, and ear-training, along with topics such as exam and college admissions preparation.
The Principal Music Education Specialist will work at our client’s offices in Manhattan. The key role of the jobholder is to lead course curriculum development for our online courses while simultaneously overseeing teacher recruitment and providing assistance with any education-related projects. Additionally, the jobholder will assist the CEO in organizing meetings with key institutions and will act as the primary liaison between staff team members and teachers, and will ensure that recruitment and education milestones are achieved in accordance with the established timelines.
The Principal Music Education Specialist will deal with complex issues requiring excellent communication and time management skills. The ability to adapt to possible changes and to learn new technologies and techniques are needed with little or no direction. Our ideal candidate is well-organized and able to anticipate needs, take the initiative, and work independently with minimum supervision. The Education Coordinator works 40 hours weekly, with some flexibility to travel and provide evening or weekend additional hours in response to time-sensitive activities.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but not limited to):
- Taking lead role in designing online class curriculum and conducting systematic reviews of teacher and curriculum effectiveness
- Developing, editing and revising the online class curriculum for Discover Melody
- Responsible for recruiting teachers
- Responsible for detailed management of the course curriculum and implementation of teacher training on timelines
- Communication with Discover Melody team members, teachers, students, and other relevant organizations and members
- Maintaining and updating teacher schedules, records, and offers alongside Operations Manager
- Evaluating and determining feasibility of education timelines, forecasting resource needs, and negotiating service quotes if needed
- Determining personnel requirements to teach, including hiring and training teachers
- Guiding and coordinating global on-site performances with teachers and venues
- Providing direct supervision, training and research support for new teachers
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Comfort and experience in communication via public and social media
- Minimum Master’s degree in music education; PhD or EdD preferred. ABD will be considered.
- Minimum two years experience teaching in K-12 classroom settings
- Previous experience managing administrative projects and communications
- Previous experience working with teachers
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing multiple projects/priorities with competing deadlines. Knowledge of educational systems and philosophies outside the United States is an asset.
- High level of effective time and project management, personal initiative, and teamwork