The hiring company is the world's largest professional network on the Internet that connects the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful.
They are seeking extraordinary talent to help fuel distributed, Java applications capable of serving billions of page views to over 425+ million members while earning billions of dollars in revenue. As a part of their world-class software engineering team, you will be charged with architecting, designing, developing, and supporting the most visible Internet-scale features and infrastructures. The ideal candidate will be excited for the challenge to transform and think critically on many computer science disciplines including product design, usability, building APIs and user-centric online applications, business logic, scaling performance, and 24x7 reliability.
This position is full-time and based in our office in Mountain View.
- Scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality.
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7.
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross-functional, and company-wise critical programs.
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
- BA/BS. Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or 4+ years of related practical experience.
- 1+ year of relevant work experience
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- MS or Ph.D.Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Strong object oriented skills.
- Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience with object-oriented design, coding, testing patterns, and programming languages (Java, C++, C#, etc.).
- Experience building web applications and services with IDEs, ant, junit, etc.
- Experience with relational databases (transactional and non-transactional), database architecture, and distributed transaction management.