Location: Herndon, VA/ Los Angeles, CA/ San Jose, CA
About the Company:
A wholly-owned US-based subsidiary of a Chinese Corporation is an international telecom provider for Data, IP and Voice Wholesale services to multinational companies, organizations and international carriers requiring China domestic services and international access to China & Asia Pacific.
With headquarters in Herndon, Virginia, and offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, New York, San Jose, and subsidiaries in Toronto, Canada, and Sao Paolo, Brazil, the company continues to expand its strength and reach.
The hiring company provides locally-based, one-stop-shop, turn-key solutions for everything from China domestic and international data circuits to IDC services, network management, equipment management, system integration, and much more. We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances at no cost to employees; vacation, sick, and holiday leaves; a 401(k) Plan with a Company match, and continued professional training and certification opportunities. We can sponsor CPT, OPT, E-verify (STEM), H1B.
They are looking for a positive, customer-focused, proved leader with sales and service experience to ensure our engaged and supportive Customer Care team achieves exceptional one-to-one customer interactions. These interactions should be helpful, effective, and efficient and convert leads into enthusiastic customers. They are searching for someone who is both passionate about customer service, understands customers and team members, knows what it takes to create successful experiences for each, and has the leadership abilities to execute.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
Functions of the role include:
- Manage a team of junior staff at university campuses who are responsible for business development with Chinese students/ customers
- Oversee an outsourced team of hotline/ helpdesk customer service representative; providing direction and escalation to the team lead
- Lead a small Tier II service team located in US and China
- Develop staff teams for their success and customer service marketing achievements by creating internal training guidelines, performance standards and metrics to measure results
- Determine and manage customer service requirements developed through communication with customers, surveys, and analyzing information and data collected
- Achieve and exceed customer service expectations by improving customer service quality through means of monitoring service metrics and evacuated results, and implementing changes as necessary
- Manage team initiatives by utilizing customer service information to recommend, prepare and complete action plans and reviews; detecting and diagnosing problems and resolving issues
- Work with Account Managers to identify early warning signals, upcoming renewals, and respond to service inquiries
- Proactive communication and notifications with customer stakeholders. Understand and articulate customer needs and requirements to follow-up with the respective Account Manager and product groups.
- Work close with outside vendor partners and other resources for resolution of network issues related to voice, data and activation disputes
Essential Skills, Qualification and Education Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education; preferred concentration in Mobile, Telecom, or Internet
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience leading and supervising a Customer Service team with customer care expectations; working in a hotline/ helpdesk environment a plus
- Work experience in Telecom industry required; Mobile service is preferred
- MUST be bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese at professional level for speaking and corresponding
- User knowledge of Social Media tools such as Facebook, WeChat, Weibo, Instagram
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, customer-focused
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; verbally, written, face-to-face and over the phone with partners and co-workers
- Convey a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
- Demonstrates a passion for profession and the desire to improve the Overall Customer Experience